WordPress Web Developer & Website Administrator
Why should I apply for this position?
If you have ever wanted to work for a startup company on the rise that makes a direct impact in the world around us, this is your chance. Beepods focuses on sustainability as our mission, but also in our business practices and personal development. You will be part of setting the tone and culture necessary for us to actually change the world for the better.
You will receive one on one coaching from our CEO, Brad James, who is an expert in Leadership and personal development. He has worked with over 30 different organizations with a focus on Leadership, team development and personal development as the core of his approach. Beepods will give you the access to a variety of resources in digital marketing training and other skill building tools made available to every member of the Beepods Team. It is a fast-paced organization focused on building a brand, achieving a mission and developing tomorrows leaders in sustainability for the earth and our economy.
The chosen candidate(s) will have the opportunity to work into a full-time paid position and build a personal brand in sustainability, education and trending practices. With the right time commitment, this role has the opportunity to network with some of the most prominent names in sustainability and technology businesses, as Beepods has built great rapport inside the community and outside to each of the coasts through our joint projects and endeavors from New York to Los Angeles.
Initially this is an unpaid role with the potential to move into an hourly position if tasks are fulfilled and goals are reached. We expect that this will happen after 2 to 3 months time, but we are willing to work this out if the right candidate comes along.
- Work with executive level team members to update maintain website
- Work with marketing/sales to write, edit, proof and post original content to the site and social media platforms
- Work with a team in designing and implementing new static content for the website and other partner web assets
- Work with Head of Technology to research and implement desired features through the use of available WordPress plugins
- Commitment of 5 hours a week minimum to execute on the critical tasks.
- Fast learner and able to adapt to changing timelines
- Proficient in blog writing, editing, posting and content distribution to social media networks
- Proficient or able to learn tactical processes to increase engagement on the following networks:
- Ability to take solid content bullet points and turn into digestible and engaging content
- Ability to manage time well enough to commit to meeting with CEO once a week for approximately an hour to determine weekly goals and commitments
- Must be open minded and willing to explore every option when faced with challenges
- Problem solver and game changer is desired for this position as there may be times where the candidate will be challenged to figure it out for themselves in order to execute.
- Have a blog or have a portfolio of pieces available somewhere on the web
- Ghost writing experience
- Basic Film editing capabilities
- Photography experience in taking live action photography and adjusting for all types of media (web, print, video, etc.)
- Graphic Design and Web design
***Note, these are just the types of things we are looking for. Anyone can learn a new skill, but it takes drive to reach the goals we have set for ourselves. We will teach you. We will connect you. Most importantly, if you want something, we promise to help you get there.