This Summer Fruit Salad with Honey, using fresh watermelon and berries is a perfect treat for hot summer days, especially around the 4th. It’s a perfect salad for a picnic or to make and keep in your preferred storage container to pull out as an afternoon snack… or better yet, breakfast!
Time to Prep: 15 Minutes
- 2 pounds watermelon cut into bite-size cubes
- 6 ounces blueberries
- 6 ounces raspberries
- Zest from 1/2 of a lemon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- leaves Optional: Mint for garnish
- In a bowl, combine fruits.
- In a small saucepan on low heat, blend together honey and cinnamon. Remove from heat. Drizzle over fruit in the bowl and gently turn the fruit over in the bowl to ensure that all the fruit is coated with the syrup. If fruit is still hot or very warm, allow it to continue to cool. Toss with lemon zest. Garnish, if you wish, and serve.
As always, fruit salads are fairly simple, so take a crack at making this your own. I’m sure it will taste good either way. Honey helps to even out sweetness and tartness across fruits, so use it carefully and be sure to always make sure not to burn it on the stove top. It happens, especially if you are working with smaller amounts.
Enjoy your summer and #BeeAChampion. Share your recipes with us by submitting them through our BLOG TOPIC REQUEST form with some pictures and we will highlight your recipe to all of our subscribers and followers.
Related Posts from Beepods
Decadent Honey Recipes to Enjoy on Fat Tuesday
3 Easy Recipes – BEE Prepared this Holiday Season
Pollen Grains vs. Bee Bread (Fermented Bee Pollen): What’s the Difference?
For other tried and tested Honey Recipes, check out the National Honey Board’s Recipe Blog
The following two tabs change content below.
Brad James is Beepods CEO. He covers the business of beekeeping and implementation of beekeeping systems from every angle -- as well as occasional other topics. Before joining Beepods, Brad has helped many startups get off the ground through implementing organizational strategy that leverages current personnel and implementing tried and true business processes that promote business growth and leadership development. Follow him on Twitter and Instagram @BJJames23.